When invoicing energy services, Hera Comm uses the data received from the distribution companies (and soon from the Integrated Information System of ARERA) on the levels of consumption measured and the self-readings taken by customers and validated by the distribution companies.
For electricity, the almost total diffusion of electronic meters helps to provide accurate readings in line with the customer’s real consumption levels. As for the measurement of gas consumption for most customers, the consumption estimates are still essential and it is in this context that Hera Comm is working to make these estimates match actual customer consumption as closely as possible.
In 2018, specific areas were examined in detail in order to maximize the use of the actual readings, to act properly on customers with estimated bills, and to facilitate final customers in reading their meters and sending the consumption data. In particular, a repeated check was carried out on the readings expected by the distributors and on the readings actually received, taking specific action on some specific distributors to encourage prompt delivery of reading data.
In addition, control processes were implemented to:
- minimize the use of estimates;
- increase the accuracy of estimates;
- create and use specific drawing curves;
- align the assumed annual consumption with the actual readings received in previous periods;
- redistribute invoicing periods for large customers so as to streamline the process from receipt of meter reading data to customer invoicing.