In 2018, the value added distributed to stakeholders in the local area was Euro 1,281.3 million (+2.7% compared to 2017).
- employee salaries (43.0% of the total);
- dividends to local Hera Spa shareholders (6.3%);
- duties, taxes and fees to local authorities (10.0%);
- charitable donations and sponsorships (0.2%);
- resources re-invested in the company (40.5%).
If the added value distributed in the local areas is added to the amount of the supplies from suppliers in the local areas (which account for 69% of total Group supplies at consolidated level and which can be valued as 631.6 million), the economic value distributed to local areas in 2018 in total can therefore be valued as Euro 1,912.9 million (+4.0% compared to 2017), equal to 78% of the total of the wealth produced which was Euro 2,452.6 million.
The minority shareholders of the subsidiaries have not been taken into account to calculate the value added distributed to the local areas; as to the distribution of Hera Spa’s dividends, reference is made to the share composition as of the 2017 dividend payment date.