96.2%
employees with permanent contracts
4.2
million euro
used by employees with Hextra,
the company’s welfare plan
(with 98.5% of employees adhering)
30%
variable retribution
of middle and senior management
depending on sustainability, 17%
on hsared value

Bonus system related to short-variable remuneration

Starting from 2006, the incentive system of the Hera Group has been linked to the balanced scorecard system: according to this system, the variable annual component of each manager and middle manager is calculated as a percentage value of gross annual salaries and is defined on the basis of results obtained relative to the objectives defined at the start of the year. The balanced individual scorecard is structured in three parts:

  • the first consists of specific project-objectives deriving from translation in operating terms of the objectives contained in the Group’s strategic map;
  • the second contains the economic objectives defined in the budget for the year;
  • the third involves an assessment on the behaviours set forth in the Group leadership model.

The structure of the balanced individual scorecard, or the weights assigned to the three areas, vary according to the seniority of the employee and the department he/she belongs to.

The final assignment of the bonus is weighted, furthermore, according to the results reached insofar as certain Group parameters: financial-economic business results and customer satisfaction index for residential customers.

The assignment of the objectives to employees and the assessment of their achievement take place through a clearly defined process which is based on the decision of top management for the individual balanced scorecards of the directors and managers and of the directors for the individual balanced scorecards of the middle managers. The activity takes place with the coordination of the Balanced Scorecard System Management function of the Shared Value and Sustainability Department.

In 2018, 51% of the variable remuneration of Hera Group managers was linked to the completion of the project-objectives planned in the balanced scorecard system: 32% was linked to the achievement of the economic and financial budget objectives and the remaining 17% to compliance with the behaviours set forth in the leadership model. The balanced scorecard system involves 98.5% of Group middle managers and managers.

For managers, 70% of variable remuneration was linked to the completion of the project-objectives planned in the balanced scorecard system and/or achievement of the economic and financial budget objectives, while the remaining 30% to compliance with the behaviours set forth in the leadership model.

In 2018, application of the incentive policy for the Hera Group sales staff continued, to enhance the effectiveness of the offer for customers. The purpose of these dedicated tools is to ensure a competitive commercial incentive offer and to steer sales staff towards working more by goals.