The Hera Group is one of the major multi-utility companies in Italy: it offers the sustainable management of several public services to around 4.4 million citizens in 349 municipalities spread over 5 Italian regions (Emilia Romagna, Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Marche and Tuscany). Aresgas, a subsidiary of AcegasApsAmga, deals with the distribution and sale of methane gas to around 14 thousand customers in Bulgaria.
It provides energy (distribution and sale of gas and electricity), water (aqueduct, sewage and purification) and waste management (collection and disposal) services to citizens and Group enterprises.
The Group’s strengths lie in:
- the balance of its services, comprised of services managed according to free market criteria (sale of gas and electricity, and disposal of special waste) and regulated services (gas and electricity distribution, integrated water services, collection and disposal of waste);
- strong roots in the areas in which it operates and deep focus on sustainability;
- a widespread shareholding structure with around 21 thousand shareholders.
Main awards in 2018
Hera’s process of expansion is also marked by the awards received. Among the most recent awards, the main ones are:
- Annual Report Oscar 2018 in the category of medium-sized listed companies and special award for reporting innovation (for shared value measurement and sustainability thematic reports)
- Top Utility Award 2019 for communication
- Top employers Award 2019 for human resource management
- 2nd in the Webranking by Lundquist in 2017 for online communication
- 2nd in Italy in the Diversity and Inclusion Index of Thomson Reuters
- Cesef’s Project Energy Efficiency Award for the best idea for an energy efficiency project in the industrial sector
Hera among the top performers in all sectors
The Hera Group confirmed its leading position in Italy in all businesses in which it operates and obtained the following ranking, compared to other listed companies:
1st operator in the environmental sector for treated waste
2nd operator in the water cycle sector for volume of water supplied
2nd operator in the public lighting sector for number of light points managed
3rd operator in the distribution of gas for volume supplied
3rd operator in the sale of gas and electricity for number of customers
5th operator in the electricity sector for volume distributed.