Reporting scope and period

The scope of the economic and financial data and information is the same as Hera Group’s consolidated financial statements as at 31 December 2017. The scope of the social and environmental data and information includes all the companies consolidated using the line-by-line method in the Group’s consolidated financial statements, as reported below.

Comapnies included in the scope of reporting

The scope of reporting does not include SiGas Doo, classified as a disposal group held for sale following management’s intention to sell it and the subsequent start of the sale programme.

With regard to the companies belonging to the Aliplast Group, acquired in 2017, a reporting system is being defined for collecting its environmental and social data and information; any limitations on the availability of the data and information are appropriately reported in the document.

Any further changes to the scope indicated above are appropriately reported in the document and, where present, do not compromise the proper representation of the business activity.

Furthermore, only with regard to the areas indicated below, information about the following companies is reported, although not included in the scope of consolidation:

  • the companies in which the Group holds investments, Calenia Energia (parent company holding of 15%) and SET (parent company holding of 39%), which manage two electricity power stations, with regard to the aspects involving atmospheric emissions;
  • Enomondo (holding of 50%) that manages a biomass plant, with regard to the aspects involving atmospheric emissions, energy production and waste disposal;
  • EstEnergy (holding of 51%) that manages the sale of electricity and gas in the North-East, with regard to customer relations aspects.

 

In order to compare data over time and to assess the performance of the Group’s activities, two comparative years have been introduced, where available. Furthermore, to ensure that the Group’s performance is correctly represented and that the figures are reliable, the use of estimates has been limited as much as possible. When using estimates, they are based on the best available and appropriately reported methodologies.
The main corporate and business transactions that became effective in 2017 are described below:

  • In September 2016, Hera Comm was awarded the Friuli Venezia-Giulia and Emilia Romagna portion of the last resort gas supply (Fui) for the period between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2018, along with five portions of the default service in gas distribution between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2018.
  • In November 2016, in the national tender held by the Single Purchaser for 2017-18 safeguarded services, Hera Comm Srl was awarded six portions covering 11 regions of Italy.
  • On 1 February 2017, Waste Recycling Spa acquired the ‘plants’ corporate branch of the Pisa company Teseco Srl, a leading figure in industrial waste treatment and recovery.
  • In January 2017 Herambiente Spa signed a binding deal with Aligroup Srl for the acquisition of Aliplast Spa, a leading operator in the segment of plastic waste collection and recycling with subsequent regeneration, using an integrated process that transforms all waste into products ready to be reused. The operation was closed on 3 April 2017 following the fulfilment of the main conditions precedent. As of 1 January 2017, all companies of the Aliplast Group were thus entirely consolidated within the Hera Group. In December 2017, Herambiente Spa’s acquisition of a further 40% of Aliplast Spa’s shares was completed. With this operation, the amount of Aliplast Spa shares held by the Group rose to 80%. The remaining 20% of these shares, as stipulated in the agreement signed in January 2017, will be acquired within June 2022.
  • On 6 July 2017, Hera Comm Marche Srl acquired a full holding of the company Verducci Servizi Srl which is active in the natural gas and electricity supply market.

Since 1 January 2017, Heratech Srl, a company that manages works requested by customers (new connections, technical opinions, urbanisation, etc.), has been operational for all network services managed by the Group. It furthermore deals with planning and implementing plants and networks and other highly specialised technical activities, for both the Group and third parties. The company is 100% controlled by Hera S.p.A.